6 January 2022
Urgent prayer request - COVID -19 at Potter's Village
Message from Administrator Idah - Sent 6/1/22
We are now affected seriously with COVID-19. At the moment, seven of the staff have tested positive and are now at home. I have also tested positive today. I will be handling what I can manage from home.
Dr. Nicci is trying to organise to get test kits from Kampala and if that becomes possible, we shall test all the staff. But we are also encouraging people to go and get a test from the government hospital.
We are unsure how this will affect Potter's Village. The rates of COVID in the community are very high. We may need to consider closing to out-patients we we do not have the staff to care for them.
We are also worried about how both staff absences and illness will affect the project as a whole and we of course want to make sure we have enough staff to care for our resident babies.
We pray that this situation will come to an end soon.
- Please pray for all those who have tested positive for COVID, that they don't get seriously ill
- Please pray for the rest of the PV team in light of staff shortages, others being ask to go over and above to cover those absent
- Please pray for Nicci who is working incredibly long hours and covering night shifts - pray for physical and spiritual strenght and staminer for her.
- Please pray for the administration (especially Idah) during this difficult time, to make the right decisions for everyone
- Please pray that we can get tests kits to PV as soon as possible.